Friday, June 04, 2010

I Was Never Alone

Philipians 4:13

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.


This time that I have spent alone on the couch day in and day out has taught me a thing or two about patience. About solitude. About listening to yor body and slowing down.

A lot of days that I have been on my own have been very relaxing, and some, I won't lie, have been full of tears and zero grooming.

But isn't that life? There are ups and downs, even when you are alone on the couch.

And I haven't truly been alone.

Mom.

Dad.

Aaron.

Jesus.

I can't belive even though I have my own children and I know about a mothers love, my own mother's love for me still amazes and humbles me. With a happy heart, she has made my lunch, washed my dishes, fed and cleaned up after my OCD dog, scrubbed my bathroom. She has once again extended herself to help me out- and whats even more amazing, she makes you believe that she wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world.

I am not an easy patient, I know. I get depressed, I get frusterated, I get quiet. But mom never gave up on me- even when I snapped at her for telling Sid something. She understood.

What a mom I have, that cares so much for me and can give me so much grace. That's how I picutre Jesus. Just like my mom :)

Thanks mom for always always loving me. And never ever leaving me alone :)

No comments: