Thursday, June 03, 2010

Babies in My Bed

After my dinner with Aaron, last night, the kids came home from moms. They both took their showers and found themselves in bed with mama watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I wasn't really watching the movie, as my mind was pre occupied, but they seemed to really enjoy it (though they did request that we fast forward through some inappropriate Jessica Rabbit scenes. Poor Jessica Rabbit isn't really bad "I'm just drawn this way"- I can relate sister! Its a hard life being this HOT- LOL) It really is NOT my favorite movie- the toon killed my brother, the smoky bars, that annoying rabbit.

Anyways, having the kids in my bed cuddled up with me is one of my favorite things in my world. Especially when they are fresh from the shower, smelling like soap and there cheeks pink and freshly scrubbed. And Aubrey safe in her belly bed not here enough yet to enjoy the movie, but enough to enjoy the warm cuddles she gets from her mama's belly. (32 weeks and 4.5 lbs)

After the doctors visit, Aaron and I talked about a time when Aubrey isn't in my belly and in a car seat in the back. Because of my physical discomfort lately he asked if I would be so thankful to have her out of me and in the car seat. I thought about it and told him, I prefer her safe in my belly close to me. There is something so comforting about her being right here with me all the time, squirming, rolling, sleeping, right with in me. Every where I go right now, Aubrey goes too, free of strollers and car seats. I hold my baby :)

Last night on my bed, I held Zoe, as she lay lazily across my lap, so I could stroke her hair,her rosy cheeks, her baby soft shoulders both of us under big fluffy sheets and bed spread and a dozen or so pillows. Sid piled on too with his head toward the end of the bed and his feet in my lap, so I could rub them. (His feet are growing so they are sore, but OH SO SOFT!) We always rub feet in our house- I grew up in a rubbing feet household, as Aaron likes to call it, and as a parent, I understand why mom and dad where always more than willing to rub our feet when asked. Cause after a certain age, kids don't slow down, they don't spend time with you and gush information about their day. Things change, and ipods and there own things in there own rooms take the place of your cuddles. But offer to massage there feet or "tickle back" as Zoe prefers and you got a bed full of kids. Close to you, tangled up with you just like when they were 5. Its an awesome feeling. I will do anything to spend time with my kids. Even hours of feet rubbing :) I prefer fresh from the shower feet but any feet will do.

I'm just the kind of mama who likes to have all 3 of my babies in bed with me. Its an incredible feeling, and I don't ever want days like that to come to an end. I wonder how long this will last? How old they will be before they don't want to lie in be with me? Probably till I get tired of massaging feet or they go to college.

Until then, I will offer every chance I get- even if it means I have to endure Roger Rabbit.

No comments: