Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Empty House and a Visit to Dr. K

So, the kids left for Kansas Sunday morning, before the sun had fully risen yet.

Jennifer drover her car with Kayla, Ashley and Zoe and Dad followed in his Highlander with Sid and Rex (the schnauzer). I normally fret and worry and fret some more over the kids going anywhere with out me- much less out of state! But this time, it felt right. I KNEW they were going to have a great time! Jennifer is the FUN MAKER and what better place to start the summer than with the FUN MAKER and her super fun family and my dad!

The rest of Sunday, I think I sat on the floor and oohed and ahhed once more over the dozens of things we got at the shower for little miss Aubrey!

Aaron's mom Pam has these friends Vicki and Alice (actually Pam, Alice and Vicki are the cutest adult best friends I have ever seen). Vicki and Alice came to the shower and Vicki gave Aubrey this hand crocheted pink blanket that it took her two weeks to make!! When I lifted it out of the bag, I knew right away that she had hand crafted this baby soft snugly wrap with loving care for our baby. It puts my tiny remnants of crocheted string to such shame- I can't believe I thought in the short time I was on bed rest, I would be able to make anything like this- it is a work of art- from the heart of Vicki to our daughter!! I will post a picture! (later)

We had a Dr's apt with Dr. K on Monday. I am released to go back to work!! (SIGH GASP!) I cannot climb stairs, I cannot walk for more than 4 hours, I cannot be exposed to sudden temperature change (hello Texas summer). Other than that, I am a working girl once again!

I will miss you couch, but not THAT much.

We also changed the inducing date to July 26th- Aaron's birthday is the 27th. So we feel really good about this date- it gives Aubrey a little more time to cook and us another week to prepare. We talked a little bit about the induction and our hopes for how it goes. We are scheduled for 5 AM, as we get closer, we will re evaluate the "condition" of my cervix and if I should spend the night at the hospital the night before. I think Dr. K is very happy with the way Aubrey is handling the Lovenox and growing. She was all smiles this visit.

I don't even have to go back and see her until June 28th!!

Keep praying this baby keeps flourishing and PRAISE! No More Bed Rest :)

Now, with this empty house, I think I will just settle in to bed and watch Glee .

No comments: