Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bed Rest Part 2 Day 1 and a Night Gown

Well, it was short lived, but it was sure sweet~ I am back to bed rest.



Yesterday morning, I started bleeding and contracting. We called the doctor and they sent me to the downtown office for a sonogram and then to the Hulen office for a non stress test.



The results? More bed rest. My contractions were at about 4 an hour and the bleeding could be a sign of pre term labor or another subchorionic hematoma. We may never know. But there take on it is what ever I was doing while off bed rest isn't working. So back to bed I go.



MAJOR difference this time though. The kids are out of school. So I am getting my dreams of becoming a true stay at home mom with all the time in the world with my kids!! There is only one tiny catch. I can't "get up". This may seem troublesome to you. On the surface- I mean how much fun can a mama be when she has to stay on the couch or bed all day.



Let me tell you, I have been thinking about that non stop since yesterday mornings doctors visit. I am so bound and determined to make everything a success, that I have come up with a daily schedule (not on paper yet- but bouncing around my mind, much like an inventor that sees math equations just when thinking of his invention) (I don't actually know if that is how it works- I think Einstein probably thought that way and Good Will Hunting did too- and that man portrayed by Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind) (But without the schizophrenia, and horrid foster families) (Aaron is super smart and mathematical too- much like those 3 people I just mentioned, but again without the drama). Anyways, scheduled days with morning, afternoon and evening routines, with happy well rounded children are my goal. I want them to have the downtime they crave as part of the lure of summer, but too much free time causes CHAOS of the worst kind (I am reminded of a Lee Ann Rimes song about idle hands and jail time- fun to sing, but serious subject). So, structure it will be.



While I was having my small taste of sweet sweet freedom from the couch, the kids, Aaron and I went in search of some new work clothes for me. I found a couple of shirts and no pants and no shoes. But while I sat in the shoe dept, waiting for Sid and Aaron to finish trying on shoes, I remembered how my one major delima seemed to be itchy sleep attire. So I got up and was in search for a super soft, slightly modest night gown. (I mean it is summer and I am already hot all the time, so short and sleeveless was the goal)



I have never felt more loved than I did while shopping for that night gown. The opinions of my sweet family during this small search was astounding. "Mom, this one is so soft for you- you will sleep so well!" "But the lace on the edge will bother you- it feels itchy" "Hey look this one is reversible, you know in case you get tired of the same print" "This one is too short, it won't cover your belly" It was like I had been sent to the store with 3 personal shoppers that were taking my needs for a peaceful, non itching, night sleep very seriously. And I ended up with the best gown ever!! It is soft, thin and short and sleeveless, but still covers my enormous belly!



Thanks to my sweet kids and perfect husband I can "bed rest" in complete comfort!!
Happy Wednesday!

No comments: