Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pictures and Laughter

Wednesday morning the kids and I scrummaged through one of my pictures boxes that is waiting to be scrapbooked. The picutres in there range from Sidney being a baby (12 years ago), to much more recent events, like Sea World 2005.

Its amazing to me how time seems to have passed so quickly. Those images and stories about what we were doing this day or that day feel literally like yesterday to me.

There is this one picture of a 4 year old Zoe and 5 year old Sidney (before kindergarten). Zoe is on the couch not feeling well, having come home from school with an upset tummy- and Sid brought her every stuffed animal in the house and placed them on top of her to help her feel better. So in the pic all you really see are sweet brown eyes peering out from under a mountain of stuffed lovies. And the kids remembered all the details about that day.

There is another one of us at the beach the summer Sid broke his collar bone. I didn't think the kids remembered that trip very well, but as we started to look through image after image of the house we stayed at, and the abundant dinners we had, and the sun kissed shoulders, they started telling story after story about each picutre- and all the things they remembered really did happen.

I think it will be neat to scrapbook these memories with them and have them journal on the pages about what they remember.

To me it really does feel like it was yesterday.

But to hear it from there point of view is a treasure to me. Kids remember sights, smells and other details that I have long since forgotten. Its funny how much laughter can come out of old vacation photos.

I am hoping for more and more of that for many years :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks in the service of entrancing the beat to compose that. I start it very interesting. If you net a chance you should take in my blog as well. I faith you procure a celebrated day!
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]