Thursday, May 06, 2010

Monday, Monday.....

Monday we went to see Dr. R who is a perinatologist (high risk pregnancy obstetrician). Aaron took the day off to go with me. Mom went too, cause lately, I need more ears hearing the medical advice I am getting. I tend to get hung up one word or phrase, and miss the bigger picture. Probably part of my ADD.

Dr. R is an incredibly bright, gentle woman, who handled my care with so much precision. It was wonderful to receive such wonderful medical advice. I really really like her. I think she could read the anxiety on my face and immediatley began to explain everything very thoroughly.


Following a very extensive ultrasound (we saw every angle of our sweet tender baby girl- we even got some 3d images that I will post as soon as I learn how) (She looks a lot like Aaron and is SO SO beautiful- not surprised)she talked with us in detail about the findings and what can be done.

I currently have two bleeds between my placenta and uterus. We know by now that these clots can cause serious problems. Since thrombolphilla is a disorder that promotes blood clotting, they have prescribed me a blood thinner for me called Lovenox. This will more than likely not take care of the current clots (though it may) but even more important it will prevent more clots from forming.

I got tense as the discussion turned to the Lovenox shots are given. They are injectible in the stomach only (a very very wrong feeling, when you spend this whole time protecting your belly when you are pregnant). I will be taking these shots daily between now and when the baby comes, and for 6 weeks post partum.

Also, we found out that a common practice with this medication it to schedule the babies delivery at 37 to 38 weeks, so that I can be off the blood thinner 24-48 hours before then. Induction could mean regular delivery or it could mean a c-section.

I was really scared upon the diagnosis and recommended treatment. To be honest, the whole thing is just very foreign to me. I had so much anxiety sleep was out the window Monday and Tuesday night and they were replaced with long talks with God and lots of pondering of what the future holds.

I have administered the shot myself, Tuesday and Wednesday night, and to be fair, things didn't go that bad. Aaron of course was by my side both times walking me through and holding my hand when I need it most. Once again, is strength is overwhelming. I am so afraid that he might crumble one day under the weight if all this stress.

I am not experiencing any side effects, though I do have slight head aches that make me a little worried, since that is not one of the side effects listed. But that could also come from hours and hours of inactivity, and not a lot of sleep at night and too many hours of TV.

I did sleep amazingly well last night, so maybe that will take care of the headaches. We'll have to see.

I meet with Dr. K on Monday, for my regular check up, at that time my bed rest will be re evaluated. I am hopeful that I will be off bed rest, Aaron however is not optimistic about this. He thinks bed rest will for sure continue given my diagnosis and the high risk pregnancy tag that is on every Dr's chart I have across Tarrant County.

I am resolved to stay positive and put all of my fears and trust in the Lord.

My "Daily Verse" email Wednesday morning read "The Lord is the strength of his people; he is the saving refuge of his anointed." Psalm 28:8

My really sweet friend Kelly brought me dinner Tuesday night and told me that she has known three people that were on Lovenox the entire pregnancy, and that the babies were born healthy and the moms are healthy too. Kelly was more of a blessing to me than she can even imagine. The relief I felt was overwhelming and I am certain God's hand was at work, having her bring me dinner and deliver such kind words.

I thank God every time I feel this sweet angel kick.
I kiss my kids every chance I get and feel them up with knowledge for the future and tell them how bright and amazing they are.
And I kiss Aaron a little longer and put myself in his arms, every time he is still.

I know all of us will pull through this just fine. More than fine- AMAZING! And stronger and closer.

And for that we are so grateful.

No comments: