Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Conversations WIth Angels

And the story goes: "Two angles left for school this morning, and they took my heart with them."
I have really sweet kids.

They are brilliant and kind. If I do say so myself!

And not just cause they are mine- anyone would say this about them.

Since I have been on bed rest, our normal routine has changed. Pretty much everything I did for them is now done by someone else- I think they are realizing exactly how much I use to do.

I don't make their school lunches, or breakfast or dinner. I don't drive them to school. I don't make sure their favorite clothes are clean, I don't tidy thier room and turn down the beds while they shower. We don't go for walks around the block, I don't pick them up from mom's.

And they have totally stepped in to help while mama's been down.

Yesterday they put away laundry.

Sunday they helped Aaron plant trees in the backyard. (and named them "Dog" and "Sweetie Pie Cookie")

They help with dinner and the dishes.

They surprise me everyday and I miss them when they are not here.

And I marvel, as I think about how God trusted me with these two little angels. He gave them to me, when I didn't even know how to make anything for dinner but hamburger helper and ramen noodles. He trusted me to keep them alive and nourish them and teach them about Him. He lent me two angels, to raise and love, and eventually return to him. I still can't believe it! He gave me the best angels in the world, when I was so undeserving.

Isn't that what we call grace? When we get so much more than we desrve?

And I am so down on my knees grateful. I don't take one moment with them for granted. The thought of being with out them is too much to bare.

This past weekend Kyle (my brother in law) and Brigitte (my future sister in law) came over. Brigitte is one of the sweetest people I have ever met, and she has a contagious smile and an infectious laugh! You can see God shine in her playful spirit!

Anyways, she surprised me with the most beautiful neacklace that has 4 charms on it- one of each of my babies birthstones and a cross. I have worn it daily since and it feels so good having something on that keep them close to my heart and always on my mind.

Someone long ago said to me, about raising children, "Love them like they could die tomorow, teach them like you could die tomorow."

By giving these children to me, God has taught me all about true love, and self sacrifice, and disicpline and what it means to want more for someone else than what you want for yourself. And doing whatever it takes to make sure you are there one more day.

When God gave them to me, he saw the bigger picture, he saw things I didn't see yet.

He continues to give me grace- I am so thankful to have my children and talk with these angels that God has lent me for a while :)

No comments: