Thursday, May 13, 2010

Days Go By

These days that I have been on bed rest have been filled with so much love, sometimes I feel like it is keeping me a float. The kids love seeing me at home, and they love the baby already. Sid often asks how she is doing, and last night Zoe kissed my belly. I think about how neat it must be, to see me singing a song to my belly, and talking lovingly about our newest little girl. It gives them a window into the past of how much I loved them too before they were even here.

And Aaron is forever doting- I carry such precious cargo for him; his heart and his sweet little baby. The awe that he has about this baby is exhilarating for me, in otherwise monotonous days. I feel like I am on new territory right there with him, and in a lot of ways I am. This pregnancy has had a lot of firsts for both of us.

Where would I be with out the friends and family that I have stepped up to take care of me these last few weeks. It is amazing the sweetness and Godliness that comes right out of the wood work when you are down and out. Tons of friends have shown up with dinners and words of encouragement. My mom has been here happily, making my lunch, cheerfully refiling my water glass, doing our laundry, washing our dishes. And dad has taken Bailey on walks and brought lunch several times. Aaron's mom has made us dinners and visited with me tons- it is so amazing to have such supportive family. And such great food!

Speaking of great food, my friend Lacey is coming over tonight with her girls and making me dinner!! Fried chicken, mash potatoes, and corn!! I am thankful you can't see my right now, cause I just started drooling all over the keyboard- eww! I haven't seen her since I was still in my 1st trimester- I am super excited!

My sweet family continue to be my daily inspiration- they make all of this ok, the shots, the bed rest. The days go by with a silver lining because of them. All 4 of them. I hope they know that when I sing, I am singing to them too. "I loved you the first time I saw you, and I always, always love you...."

No comments: