Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just us Girls

Zoe is home with me today.

Currently she is snuggled up asleep at the end of the couch, her long legs and feet in my lap.

And Aubrey is curled up in my belly, also snoozing, her legs and feet in my ribs- Ha Ha!!

This "older" baby girl of mine has had quite a dose of medical experiences lately. She fractured her pinky, and was casted- the cast is off now thank goodness. But then last week, she began complaining of a tightness in her chest, so my mom took her to the doctor who gave her a breathing treatment, prescribed arbutorol inhaler and ordered chest x-rays.

Are they just trying to see how much medical attention one family can take? Sid thinks we may be on a hidden camera show!!

Her x-rays came back normal, so they are calling her "condition" reactive lung, and according to Dr. F and nurse, that is when the lungs restrict after exercises or allergies, not allowing enough are to go to and fro.

So, the inhaler will go with her to school daily and home each evening.

Today however, her problem appears to be a stomach virus. She woke me up last night/early this morning, with inconsolable stomach pain. It was obviously real to me, as the normal "cuddling" and "tickling her back" were not only not wanted, she refused to let me touch her. I tried to trouble shoot weather or not the pain was crampy or vomity. Still not much you can do for either other than wait it out.

She throbbed around in pain for about 45 minutes, ate a banana, sucked on some ice chips, cried, curled up straightened out, nothing was working. So she took a warm bath and was able to fall back asleep.

She is so peacefully asleep right now, and I am so thankful the pain has seemed to stop.

Nothing hurts worse than your child being in pain. Except maybe when they are really really sad- that hurts too!

On a different note, I had my check up with Dr. K yesterday. Pretty routine visit. They drew blood, check my cervix (snug as a bug), did some external belly measurements, listened to Aubrey's race horse heart beat, and ( drum roll here) scheduled her induction!!

Aubrey should meet the world July 22nd!! It is an amazing feeling knowing when I will be in the hospital giving birth to this sweet girl!

My mind is racing with all the different variables. Will she be head down, will I be able to deliver her the way I want to (NOT C-section), will my body respond well to the pitocin? One thing Aaron and I talked about was, the way this pregnancy has gone so far- expect the unexpected!

Knowing God is in control is a great comfort! This is all part of his plan! And I feel at peace knowing he chose us for all of this.

Another thing my mind is racing with is getting a bag ready for the hospital. I am not even going to go sporadically into labor and yet I still want the comfort of that emergency bag by the door. And of all things I want in that bag, are baby mittens!! I demanded Aaron got to the store and purchase baby mittens immediately, but he is so much calmer and cooler than me.

He knows there is time!

Until then, I will just slow down and cherish these peaceful moments with my girls :)

No comments: