Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bed Rest Day 19: The Room Project

Let me start this post with telling everyone that the cast did come off!! I guess mom was really scary and she laid down the law with that Dr. Q (Or, the x-ray showed all was well and it was just time) Zoe is like a pet rabbit out of her cage for the first time!! She still needed help with some things last night cause she is "not use to it yet" and this mama doesn't mind :)

Anyways....Sitting in my living room and bedroom all day, I have come to realize how bleak these rooms are. I am not very good at decorating at all- store displays have always baffled me. I have even seen pictures in magazines and pottery barn catalogs and I can't ever quite recreate what I see.

I'll tell you why, its cause I am scared! I am scared of wall color, I am scared of change, I am scared I will choose a style or theme for a room and change my mind in a weeks time. I need a look that is timeless.

Maybe I just have bad taste. If I was being honest, the style that I think I like is a cross between farmhouse cottage and seaside bungalow. Neither of which is a very good representation of where I live (small, older suburb in Texas) There are a ton of little projects that my living room could use- to really make it spring to life! The first of which would be new paint and floors. The floors thing is probably not an option right now- but the paint is defiantly doable.....When Aaron has time......

When I think of my farmhouse beach side fantasy home, I see clean lines (I watch too much HGTV), subtle colors (I love blue- every room would be blue if I had my way) white walls, lots of natural light, simple accessories that give that beach side farmhouse feel. I love simple country. I think these pictures represent what I like.















I should probably look at the color scheme that I already have going in this room to see where I should start. Couches: Dark Brown, In Tables and Coffee Table: Dark Brown, Piano: Brown, Mantel over Fireplace: Brown. Two mix matched lamps: one silver with white glass, and the other, brown and gold buffet style lamp. Throw Pillows: brown gold and blue- AHHHH! Finally a color. On a pillow. My over use of the color brown screams one thing.. SCARED!
My instinct is to go with a taupe or latte type brown for the walls- which would be fine, if I would just add color in other areas. Wall Art, Candles, Maybe a Vase............

Looking at the pictures above, I am inspired to do something rather than nothing!!

Lofty goals for someone who can't leave the couch or bedroom! I could always order my new living room online.... I'll let you know what I find!

No comments: