Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Good Reads and a Happy Belly

Zoe's birthday is tomorrow, and I can't write about it. I am emotional, more emotional than necessary about this birthday.

I also got really emotional when I thought about Jennifer earlier today and how she has been living in a different state, so I won't be writing about that either.

Instead I will bore you with a few things that don't really have anything to do with anything emotional like baby girls getting older or missing my sister. Nothing really important.

I have been recently introduced to a new line of books called "Skippyjon Jones" about a siamese cat that thinks he is a Chihuahua. HILARIOUS!! It is a picture book, not a chapter book, but my kids still think it is really funny! Skippyjon Jones is a very imaginative little cat with a mexican accent! Makes my heart smile. There is a whole series! Pick it up for your kids at the library- you won't be sorry.

Another thing that has been making me blissfully happy lately is my Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm. It is like rubbing honey all over my skin- but when it absorbs, its not sticky like honey. My skin is soft and silky and enriched. And the little pains that come from stretching skin and ligaments disappear. Like soaking tired feet in a hot bath!! That smells like honey :) Pure heaven!


I'll try not to be too emotional tomorrow as I recount the birth of my sweet baby daughter 11 years ago.

Truly feels like it was yesterday.

For now I will go read a book to those 2 angels of mine and go slather on some belly balm. :)

No comments: