Thursday, April 08, 2010

Our Zoe

So, I promised not to get all weepy on you while writing this post.



Zoe was born in the early morning, about a week sooner than we expected her. I think her due date was April 16th, but she had other plans.



My labor was fast and intense. I woke up about 3 in the morning with some strong contractions and she was born at 6:05. I think we arrived at the hospital at 6 AM. I am not kidding. I am really glad we made it to the hospital! If I remember correctly they didn't even start an IV till after she was born.



She greeted the world with a loud cry and eyes as big as the moon staring all around. Instantly I thought she was beautiful!! I was so glad to hear her cry at first- but then I worried.

Her temperature dropped a little during the weighing and cleaning up, so they laid her under a heat lamp away from me. She cried and cried and cried some more. Finally I asked them to let me hold her, I wrapped her in a blanket, and fed her and she was the happiest baby!

Little tiny hands and feet, cute squishy cheeks, soft hair all over her head and the tiniest little mouth. All the nurses said she had a great set of lungs and the biggest prettiest eyes they had ever seen.



And believe me she still does.

Happy 11th Birthday Sweet Angel!

No comments: