Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Spring Cleaning on My Mind

It feels good to write again. I always want to write- I just don't always have the time, or something to say. Not that that has ever stopped me before. ;)



I don't feel like I have enough of a following to really update anyone on anything on this blog- I just write for fun and a few friends read it. But those few know everything about me. So for "journaling purposes" I will do a little update on what is going on in our lives.



Aaron is going to graduate from UNT in May and he is neck deep in homework, papers and projects. He also works full time at Vought Air Craft, plays hockey and is the best dad and husband the world has ever seen. I am not just saying that- he really is. (Hi dear)



He is also searching for a job, applying and interviewing for after he graduates. We are praying for something local, but he is applying all over.



Sid is a 6th grader and 12 years old. He is going out for football next year- in middle school. He is at church every Wednesday and Sunday which makes my heart soar! He really wants to own the XBOX 360 game "Left for Dead 2"- but mama said no- for now. He's my little man, and my favorite boy in the whole world.



Zoe is in 5th grade, turning 11 this week, and just completed her Math TAKS today- she is extremely smart and I am sure she will have done fine. She is turning into quite an independent sweet girl- lil' girl with a purpose- and I love her SO much.



I am 23 weeks pregnant with another little girl :) We couldn't be happier. Which brings me to the title of this post. I have spring cleaning on my mind big time. Could it be early nesting? I want things to be so tidy and clutter free for the arrival of this sweet bundle and what better time to fling and clean than spring.

You can find me most nights and weekends doing as much tidying and cleaning I can before falling into a big prego heap on the couch or bed. But I have yet to find the time to tackle the BIG cleaning/organizing projects.

For example, my bedroom is SCARY! Not scary like an episode of hoarders mind you- but scary as in, too much clutter- too much stuff I don't need, and we MUST reconfigure the whole arraignment of our room to make room for that sweet angel- cause she will be living in our room. So we need space for all those wonderful, tiny, yet space consuming, things that come with a baby.

And my kitchen cupboards- well lets just say I don't think a 5 month pregnant mama should be on her hands in knees while making dinner strecthing to the very back of the lowest cabinet in search of her spaghetti pot, or pulling her hair out trying to find a matching top to a bottom tupperware. I am DESPERATE for cabinet space in my kithcen. Did I mention I don't even have a pantry? Yikes- my kithcen is an organizational hazard!!

I read Kelly's blog at http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ and she just recently did a post on organization, and there are tons of super yummy links to other blogs with GREAT tips!

So thats what is on my mind! Hopefully, I will open the windows this weekend and put on the gloves and get to cleaning!!

I'll let you know!

No comments: