Saturday, April 10, 2010

Longest Week Ever

I have never been so happy for a Saturday in my life. Last week was a long, tiring week for me. My days at work, at home, and everything in between seemed to fall apart right before my eyes. Talk about Murphy's Law.



Between important meetings at work, Aaron's test at school, Zoe TAKS test at school and new maternity clothes being torn and unwearable, getting thorough this week was probably as close as I have come in years to a catastrophe.
Even the normal joy that comes with Friday's was tainted with disaster.

I even dreamed of conflict of the oddest kind.

Long dream short, I was cleaning the house of a very wealthy man, and decided to steal some bracelet's and then bolt before the wife caught me. Of course she did catch me and she ripped those charmed things right out of my yellow plastic gloves I had been wearing to clean her kitchen. I have always had crazy dreams, but these pregnancy dreams have taken the cake.

Only when I woke up today and realized the sun was just rising, the family was still sleeping and I had NOTHING to do except get a cup of coffee, make a bowl of cereal and start my laundry, did I feel the tension leave my shoulders.

Ahh Saturday. So glad you are here for me :)

I just have a few things on my to do list this weekend. At one o'clock today, the kids and mom and I are going to volunteer at the Keller Community Storehouse. Its kind of like the goodwill of Keller. We will be helping them stock the store as far as I know, I am really glad to get the kids involved in some sort of charity project- even though we won't be directly working with the poor or homeless.

I keep hoping to do some sort of soup kitchen every winter. But it never happens.

I have always wanted to take them to http://www.churchontheslab.com/ and will probably do so, one of these weekends. Christy Stitch from church invites me out once a month or so, and I just need to put it on the calender and DO IT! I just feel like my weekends are slipping away between the now and when the baby gets here and I have got projects galore.

That probably makes me sound pretty selfish, but if you saw how desperate I am every week for an extra 5 minutes to do ANYTHING you would understand.

Right now I have a mowing husband, sheets in the wash and dryer, a sleeping son and a daughter who is out shopping with her grandma Bonnie. I am going to take advantage of these few moments alone and make me a big plate of eggs.

Y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: