Saturday, June 23, 2007

.....God's Sunflower

Lacey and I went out for her birthday last night! We had a great time together, as always. We went to Cabo Grande in Fort Worth (jeans and heels of course). Lacey ordered this super spicy Habenero Shrimp Salad, so I ordered it too, how hot could it be? Me and Lacey have the same taste in just about everything! Well, WOOOWEEEE!! Lets just say, I am still downing glasses of iced tea. That girl can handle the heat! But not this mama! After our 'fiery' dinner we went to see the movie 'Knocked Up' (hilarious). Totally a chic movie! But I can't think of a guy I know that wouldn't love it, too! Aaron said he'll wait till it comes out on video, but he's gonna love it. After the movie, and after a few blond moments in the parking garage we each headed our separate ways to our own families. As we drove off I started thinking about how far we've come. How are lives have changed over the years! Could I have pictured ten years ago our lives as they are now? What about 15 years ago! We were little girls watching Fried Green Tomato's and Thelma and Louise with no idea what was in store for us! We are so blessed with our children and our families. Lacey has been my friend since elementary school. I have known this girl forever! She is one of the funniest, coolest people I have ever met!! I love hanging out with her (I just don't get to very much). We have the best time laughing together, sharing stories, of work, or about our kids! We have shared a great deal and have been by each others side for some of our ups and downs and we've been apart for some of the ups and downs. But our friendship is very strong and true! Lacey is as unique as she is beautiful! Lacey lights up a room and is the center of attention always! (Lacey don't kill me, just had to brag on you a lil' bit!) Lacey is gorgeous, strong, smart, sweet, hilarious, witty, charming, classy and just a breath of fresh air!! I couldn't have asked for a better girl to meet in elementary school! Being around her is like standing in front of a field of these brilliant yellow flowers basking in the sun, for all the world to notice and enjoy! I love my friend Lacey, God's sunflower!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!!!!!! Thank you girl. Wow. I don't know that I can recipicate (thats the TX spelling) the compliment. I mean I could definitely say "ditto." But my words don't flow as easily as yours. Thank you - that was really really sweet and I needed that!!!