Monday, June 25, 2007

Bless this house

Okay, so, we got married, whisked ourselves away to the Bahamas, had some great alone time, came home, and now....we are alone again! The kids got to go (were taken) to Kansas to visit my wonderful sister for the enitre week. As usual, this mama has mixed feelings. I miss them to the point of tears (I keep looking in their brand new rooms full of boxes and their stuff). But Aaron and I getting to lie around all evening on the comfy leather chair (built for two) not having to get up and give someone a bath, and not having to referee an argument about who had the remote/nintendo/toothpaste first, and not having to get up one hour earlier before work to get them dressed and out the door has been kinda nice..........but I do miss them.



Aaron and I have been having a blast with the new house! We have been to Home Depot 17 times between us, just like real home owners. The grass got mowed and trimmed for the first time (just before the rain continued....lots of rain lately) We have replaced all the light bulb in the house with energy efficent halogen lights, we have bought a new welcome mat for the front door. We have been in new home owners/ newleywed mode non stop and I love it!!

Kisses to Aaron for making everyday special and making me feel so Beautiful!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know those mixed feelings all too well. They'll be back - no worries. I'm sure they are having a blast!