Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Silver Lining.

Yesterday started raunchy! The Lord was really testing me on patience yesterday and I can tell you I barely passed. I woke up feeling stiff and achy- you know like a hangover or the flu type feeling. My head was throbbing, and I was running late, so no coffee. Not a good thing for this mama. I have to have my coffee.
I am not kidding about that. I will let you in on a little secret of mine. One of my guilty pleasures is to get up at 6 in the morning, get me a cup of coffee, open the blinds, so I can watch the sun come up from my snuggly spot on the couch, turn on the news and sip away. It is just about may favorite time of day. Aaron doesn't drink coffee and I don't think he gets this, but it truly is an important part of my day.
So I missed it. I overslept, woke up hurting, and I missed my coffee time. Bad news. We got out the door a smidge later than usual. And what a different that makes. I dropped Sid and Zoe off for school with minutes to spare. Sid's third grade class is all the way in the back of the school and he was late. Not happy.
Then as soon as I got to work, I got a phone call from an unhappy applicant who had given me a check to hold, but I put it through to be deposited, now her account is in turmoil.
Work was rushed, chaotic, I felt like I didn't connect with anyone, no one wanted an apartment from me, I promise you that. I was grumpy.

But, with prayer, my day turned. Aaron emailed me that he would bring home the bacon (ie, cereal, milk, and bread) so I wouldn't have to. Then soccer practice got canceled, which was a guilty relief, but I am just sooo tired. We got home with to do list and tackled em all! Oh and Sid learned how to ride his bike! Praises! That kid needed this so much! He can be real hard on himself. But to accomplish something like this with very little help! I got so many pictures I wanted to post on this blog, but that will have to wait. Way to go SID!

Zoe was bummed about him learning before her, but I did my best to explain that he is older and that he will do lots of things first. I promised her that she will get to shave her legs first, she laughed, thought for a minute and then scrunched up her nose.

"Oh mom! Grooossss!!" I smiled at her. She won't think it's gross one day, but I'm kinda glad she does for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's so hot