Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last Days Of Summer

We have been really busy around here the last few days scrambling to get ready for school on Monday. I cannot believe I have two middle schoolers. They have both grown up so quickly. And I think this summer has been one of the biggest in physical appearance. The both look like middle schoolers!

OH! And we had our first ever house showing this week! They called about 5 minutes before coming over, so I had dinner on the grill, so we couldn't leave, but I think they liked it. I haven't heard anything else about it. But very exciting that someone actually looked!!

This past weekend we had one of the most unsuccessful trips to the mall in history. The kids like NOTHING for back to school clothes. I was shocked and annoyed, as displayed by quiet (ok, NOT so quiet) rants to my husband "what do they think they are going to wear? Sid's jeans are TOO small! Zoe hates all her current clothes!" And so on. Since then I have taken Zoe to Target and Kohls and found several items she adores. Sid on the other hand, I am just going to have to go shopping FOR him I think.

Zoe and I went Monday night to the girls athletics meeting. It was super informative! I hope Zoe has fun with all of that. She saw her friend Aidan who will also be in athletics.

The Head Coach, Coach V, stated that we are starting volleyball the first week of school and that the girls need to be at the school at 6 AM!!! WHOA! Talk about a slap in the face that your summer is over- for real! I have been lucky if the kids come out of there rooms before 9:30 everyday!

Last night we picked up her schedule and walked it a few times. 1st year of switching classrooms for every period can be really tricky. I think she is a little nervous. She learned it quickly though. She has the same math teacher that Sid did last year, and she is also in an advanced Language Arts class.

We get Sid's schedule to night. He is a seasoned middle schooler and not nervous at all. Especially since we are returning to Fossil Hill home of the Wildcats, when we spent a good portion of our summer thinking that we would be in Waco this year!

Last night Sid went over to his friend Tyler's house to spend the night and hang out, one last little hurrah before school starts! I think he may be going back over there tonight.

Zoe and I went yesterday to sign up for violin lessons and rent her a violin. This is something she has been asking to do ever since she heard an instrumental version of some of her favorite songs. I think she has a lot of talent in the music area. She plays the piano really well.

After we got her violin, I talked to her about the importance of practice and caring for the instrument, which was met with the standard "I know!" which seems to have taken the place of my generations "Duh!"

So there you have it. Back to school shopping, violins, sleep overs and schedules. And being at the school at 6 am. With a baby.

SO thankful everyday for the gift I have been given to stay at home!



No comments: