Monday, July 23, 2007

Weak in the knees.

Okay, so, Aaron's birthday isn't for another week, but we did a lil' celebrating this weekend!! Saturday night we went to Aaron's parents. They made this really yummy brisket. I brought the yummy cake!! Nicole's sweet little baby, Madison is growing so much! She is hilarious! She bounces up and down making all these adorable baby girgles!! Lots of 'Dadadadada'! When Nicole walks in the room she starts waving, like 'hey mom!' She's precious! Everyone says she looks just like Nicole did when she was a baby!!

Zoe and McKenzie swam and Sid and I jumped on the trampoline and played 'crack the egg'. While playing 'Crack the egg', this mama discovered she needs to start working out, cause I jumped on the trampoline for just a little bit, and collapsed almost crushing Sid, cause my legs suddenly became like jello!! I am assuming this is due to the lack of muscular endurance in my legs, because, as Aaron tells me, I have a "sedentary" job (definition: Characterized by or requiring much sitting.....how embarrassing) AND being just basically out of shape. Seriously, I collapsed, with rubber legs, unable to jump, and Sid the whole while just thought it was my turn to be the "egg", so he's bouncing me all over the place. All the 'real adults' are watching from the other side of the pool. Great times. But, now I am committed to start working out.

Sunday night, we had my family over to the house! Jennifer, Grandad and Aunt Sandy had not seen the house, so that was exciting for them. This mama grilled hot dogs on Aaron's brand new propane grill, only needing help 2 times. Pretty proud of that. We all visited, went for a walk and looked at wedding photos! It was so much fun having everybody over. One of the most satisfying parts was when everyone decided to have Thanksgiving and Christmas at our house!! (Have I proven myself as a hostess?) I have always wanted to host holidays at my house, and have never been able to with an apartment. (Actually I did Thanksgiving last year, when Jenn left- yikes!! Brave souls wanna go for round 2) No one is expecting a "Hoover Holiday" like we use to have when my sis, Martha Stewart, and her husband, Emril (LOL) lived in Texas, but I will do my best! (Maybe I should start schmoozing Kelly to bring the fam to Texas for at least one of those holidays! Then they can, you know, "hang out" while I cook and clean!.....miss them) Last year, I did a meager Thanksgiving and had the flu for like a week after!! I'm just saying!

Aaron and I got very little 'just me and you' time this weekend, but the few moments we got to slip off by ourselves were so perfect. He is so sweet, and wonderful! Aaron can look at me across a room full of people, with this look in his eyes that I know is just for me. I love him so much! And he LOVES me!! .....Rubber legs and all!!

No comments: