Friday, July 02, 2010

25 Days Till Aubrey

We are really in the home stretch till our Aubrey is here :)

I cannot believe we have a little over 3 weeks till that little monkey is here. Next week I will be focusing on getting things ready, which will involve more de-cluttering (where does all this stuff keep coming from?!) packing the hospital bag, washing the last items for her (blankets, towels, and little clothes- oh and her crib sheets, socks and hand mittens- I FINALLY got the hand mittens- my husband LOVES me so much!)

Time to get the kids ready too. We read a book yesterday that was all about welcoming a new baby into your home. It was aimed at much younger children, so we had a hard time getting through it with out laughing a lot. Sentences like "Do you notice your mom is getting rounder? What could that mean!!" The kids are so above such literary cuteness. But the part about love not being like Apple Pie, that it eventually runs out was really neat to me- A parents love never ever runs out. They acted like they knew that too already- but it was such an awesome analogy, I think it helped them to be able to think about our love for them in that way.

Aaron is still doing it all while I sit still and let this sweet baby grow. There is so much I wish I could do for him, and I can't wait till I am on my feet again and can fill my days with little ways of making his life peaceful and easier and happy. I feel like I am limited to what I can do to help him right now. But it has occurred to me lately that I have been turning down offers of help from others because I don't want to feel like a burden. It never dawned on me that put more burden on my superman husband. So I have created a LIST for what others can do for us to help. That way when people eagerly offer "Is there anything you need? Anything we can do for you?" I don't reply with the programed "No thanks, we are fine". Instead I can reference the list which is essentially an ongoing menu of things that we need help with: return DVDs, pick up milk, drop off dry cleaning, unload dishwasher, switch over laundry, take the kids for a swim, dog for a walk- these things seem small one by one, but when Aaron gets home and these things are done it will make a world of difference for him. I know people offer to help because they want to. I need to let them.

So, let the "Friday" countdown begin till this sweet baby arrives. Until then, here I sit :)

No comments: