Tuesday, July 13, 2010

13 Days Till Aubrey and Lots on My Mind

I can't sleep, so I thought I would BLOG- LOL

We are just under 2 weeks out from holding our little girl in our arms- I just can't believe it! Aaron is excited too, closing in on this date is making it more and more of a reality for him. He laughs at how huge my belly is- I am glad it makes him happy :)

The kids are excited too- Zoe would like for me to drive to the hospital and just ask if I can go ahead and have her- these last 13 days are dragging for her (I feel your pain, sweet girl, believe me)

And Sid is cracking me up with boyish predictions of how she will look, and what she will do. His predictions have taken an odd sci fi turn- but that's ok- I know my boy and he is really looking forward to her being here.

I think we are pretty much prepared! The crib is ready, changing station ready, house completely clean, baby monitors plugged in, car seat ready- which reminds me, I need to take off the manufacturer booklets and pack the hospital bag. I washed my nursing bra and gown last night, so those are ready to be packed.

Here is a list of things that are on my mind:

  1. I need to send thank you notes to friends from work and church that showered me with even more precious things for Aubrey
  2. I need to figure out what gifts Aubrey is bringing to her big brother and sister
  3. I need to get Aaron a card and gift for his birthday (his birthday will be the day after Aubrey's)
  4. I need to call the Middle School Sid will be attending next year and get all the nitty gritty on his schedule- they were suppose to be mailed out and i haven't received his yet
  5. I need to find a support group about the fact that my son is about to start middle school- I can't sleep at night thinking about my boy roaming the halls with actual 7th graders (never mind the fact that he too will be a 7th grader)!!! And playing football!! It is such a HUGE chapter that is about to begin in his life!!
  6. I need more thank you cards.
  7. I need to put add upcoming appts for the kids and I on the calender- my brain PDA is about to malfunction due to pregnant brain!
  8. Need to find an at home bible study that I can do every morning- opening my bible to random pages and reading for 10 minutes isn't exactly working for me.

That's about it for today.

No comments: