Friday, April 30, 2010

TV Shows this Week

I don't watch a lot of tv.

I really don't. I have like 3 or 4 tv shows that I DVR and I catch up on whenever I can (usually a week or so later) I rarely watch anything live.

But since I have been on bed rest, I have been able to watch the shows the NEXT day- which may not seem like that big of a deal, but when you watch reality TV with results, it is hard not the "hear" the results during the week that it takes me to finally find a square of time to watch, thus taking out the fun of watching.

So here are my thoughts on this weeks programming. (If you have DVR'd any of the below mentioned shows, do not continue to read! SPOILER ALERT)

Glee
I absolutely love this show. It is pure genius as far as I am concerned. The singing, the story lines, the characters. Mr. Schooster and Sue are brilliant in there roles as the "coach" of the glee club and coach of the Cheer-ios cheerleader squad.
This week on Glee we find Mr. Schooster lonely in his home by himself, after his split up from his wife, and Emma's decision to not date him right now. Enter Kristen Chenoweth as April and you have some of the best duets I have ever seen since Sandy and Danny from Grease!! I was on my couch literally thinking that I must have lost my mind to be crying over a tv musical- but it WORKS! It is sooooo good! The emotions are SO raw and real and.......well, I know its fake, but its my favorite show right now.
I also really LOVED Mercedes singing Beautiful, after being beat down by other cheerios and Sue for not being thin enough. Sue's face was priceless!!
I am guessing the season finale will be the birth of Quinn and Puck's baby.

American Idol
I realize how unpopular I am with my support for Shibian Magnus, or Chavonn Magnus, or however you spell her name. But I really liked her. And I was sad to see her go.
I am otherwise pretty tired of this group. Every week, Casey James is the same, Crystal "Mamasox" is great, Big Mike is the same. They just picked mediocre people this time around. I don't like the song choices, none of the songs they choose are great songs!
I find myself shouting at the TV screen in a British accent "You didn't make the song sound current!!"
And I am increasingly tired of the hour long results show. It just isn't necessary.
Lee DeWyze is growing on me though. He seems to improve some each week.

I am begginng to wonder if I am the only one in America that doesn't enjoy Aaron Kelly.
I can close my eyes and his voice isn't all that great to me- and he looks like an unpopular member of an unpopular boyband.
Like Danny in NKOTB- did anyone like him? He looked like a horse to me.
Anyways.....
Sad to see Shibian go- and don't really care about the others.
I may stop watching.

Dancing With the Stars

We are not real big fans of Kate Gosselin in our household. Since the split from Jon, she has just become more of a hypocrit and cry me a river type woman than I have ever seen in my life. I KNOW single momming it is hard, and it has to be SUPER hard with 8 kids. Which is all the more reason to gracefully fade back into the woodwork from where you came. Go be a mom.
But she got kicked off last week, and so I don't even really have to talk about her.
Every season there seems to be a few "Stars" who have a "dancing" background. It is no surprise to me week after week that Popstar Nicole and Ice Skater Evan are GREAT!
What impresses me more are the Niecy Nash's and the Bachelor types. When they do well, that is an actual accomplishment!
I was sad to see the Bachelor go.
Dancing with the stars always, always makes me want to eat salad and broiled fish and spend 20 hours on a treadmill- will I ever have legs like Cheryl or Chelsea? I doubt it, but its easy to dream while on the couch all day.

On that note, I must go wash my hair and get ready to watch last nights Vampire Diaries!

No comments: