Tuesday, April 22, 2008

catchin up

We just had a pretty busy weekend. I am just now having a chance to post. Friday night me and the kids had fun renting movies and picking up chicken strips- I know that all sounds really Southern- but we love our chicken strips and gravy and fried okra!! Mmmm mmm- my family can really put away some chicken. And I have to brag on this new "Family Video" place that we have found- it just opened right by our house! This Friday was the second Friday we have gone! They have an awesome game rental (great for Sid- only $1) and free kid movies- great for Zoe and New Releases are like $2.49!! We got out of there on Friday with 4 movies and 2 video games for $1.97, when we signed up for membership we recieved all these 50% off coupons!! So that was awesome.

Saturday Lacey and I went to see "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"! That movie was hilarious! I know it is not the deep thinker type movie like Schindlers List or even Crash, but it was just like mind numbingly silly! Just what a couple of hard working mommies need every once in a while! And well, me and Lacey just really like these kind of movies. We saw "Knocked Up" for Lacey's birthday last year, and laughed so hard. Just too funny! If you are offended easily- maybe don't go though! Not offensive like Borat or Saw, but, ya know- silly, i dont know how else to describe it. It is just really funny!!

Sunday, my wonderful husband went to church with us, and the kids sat in big church with us, and the whole day was really relaxing and awesome. Lots of trampoline jumpin and coupon cuttin, and then we baked and went to bible study!!

We are having wonderful weather here in Texas, and loving every minute of it!! That was our weekend in a nutshell!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That movie place sounds like a heck of a bargain!! Couple that with some good 'ol chicken strips and you got yourself a true American "Suthurn" night. :) I had so much fun on our movie night! I think we were laughing sooo loud now that I think about it - which is really funny considering there were like 6 people in the theatre!