Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Great Day For Soup

I made the most delicious soupt today in the crock pot!! And boy, was it a great day for it! We are having super cold weather here in Texas, and rain too. I put the soup on this morning to cook, and then took the kids to school, the Aaron and I rushed out the door to finish some Christmas shopping, and when we got home the house was smelling soooo good! Bailey was going nuts! Aaron took a much needed nap, after pulling an all nighter on Sunday before his final final. So he went and got in bed, Bailey and I cleaned the house and did laundry!! (The washer still works).


My dad came over for dinner, and we all ate the soup with french bread (every last drop- should've made more). It was a huge hit! Even my picky kids (who arent actually picky, they just try to be sometimes) loved it! I encourage you to try it, it is sooo easy, and your house will smell so good on a cold winter day!! And your husband and kids will love you for making their belly's happy:)




Winter's Best Bean Soup (I halfed the recipe when I made it, but now I wish I made more)


6 ocunces of bacon, diced
10 cups chicken broth
3 cans (15 ounces each) Great Northern Beans (drained)
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatos, undrained
1 large onion, chopped
1 pkg (10 ounces) frozen sliced or diced carrots
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp black pepper
Step 1. Cook bacon until just cooked, drain and transfer to slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients, give one or two good stirs.
Step 2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until beans are tender.
Serve with french bread, or italian bread with olive oil.
Enjoy!



No comments: