Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bring on the Hustle and Bustle, Dash and Flee, Complete Blitz Hysteria!!

Also known as "Only 6 days til Christmas!" Just the sheer mention that there is "less than a week" sends some parents through the roof with panic!! Me being one of those people!! I think the "scamper here and scramble there" attitude is completely contagious! I keep running into people who share this state of sheer insanity:




"I still have 5 more gifts to get"




"I haven't wrapped anything yet- and do I even have tape?"




"None of my Amazon.com stuff has arrived yet"




"I forgot to buy for the maintenance guys!"




"We are going to have a houseful of people, and the master toilet is iffy!"




I have heard it all!! Actually, all of that was muttered by me, as my co-worker Lisa and I began making hurried lists of things we need to accomplish this week before the BIG DAY! And I have one day less than most- cause we have our HUGE celebration on Christmas Eve! Meal at Noon, Presents and appropriate present opening mania at 3, then off to church for the candle light service by 5, or 6 or 7- luckily our church has 3 to choose from!! I actually thought I had most everything under wraps, until we started making those darn lists, and this mama had a mini panic attack! It looks like a lot more when written out right in front of you. How did I get so behind? I have no idea!! Here is my to do list:






  1. Make shopping list for Christmas Eve meal


  2. Wrap presents


  3. Pick up tape at Target


  4. .....then wrap presents


  5. do I have any to/from labels?


  6. Buy the last 5 gifts, and if I forgot someone- so be it


  7. Stop agonizing over whether the kids have equal amounts of gifts


  8. ...buy one more small thing for Sid- sorry Aaron


  9. Take back small thing for Sid- Aaron and the Budget- do I want to live off Ramon Noodles alone?


  10. Buy Ramon Noodles

  11. Do laundry


  12. Get 24 Little Debbie snack wreaths together for Zoe's Christmas Party


  13. Get 22 Little Debbie Christmas cakes for Sid's Christmas Party


  14. Eat remaining Christmas cakes for lunch- I think I read something about stress and sugar- It's suppose to help.....


  15. Make "Master Cooking Plan" for Christmas Eve Morning


  16. Walk Bailey


  17. Get excited about Jennifer and Kelly coming into town!!


  18. Imagine my kids and nieces running and laughing in the backyard- what fun!!


  19. Pick up Bailey "leavings" in the backyard


  20. Sugar is not good for stress, I was wrong- maybe caffeine will help


  21. Buy something for Aaron- hmmmm......silence from Aaron and Budget


  22. Shop for Resident Holiday party


  23. Go to Resident Holiday Party


  24. Realize that the baked apple recipe I was going to make requires a really expensive pampered chef kitchen tool:(


  25. Buy firewood


  26. Clean that gunk out of the microwave that keeps catching fire


  27. Have we watched "It's a wonderful Life" yet?


  28. Yes 3 times, Aaron reminds me


  29. All of us together?


  30. Yes, and "White Christmas"


  31. Caffeine and stress also do not mix


  32. Buy Volumizing leave in conditioner!! My hair....ugh!


  33. Now my car needs the oil changed


  34. And my car registration expired in November


  35. I found a new baked apple recipe that requires no fancy kitchen tools whatsoever!


  36. Vow to simplify Christmas next year- and start my shopping earlier


  37. Remember the reason for the season is JESUS


  38. Relax and enjoy this wonderful time of year with my AMAZING family
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

May yours be Merry and Bright and Stress Free........

I really do love this time of year!!







No comments: