Thursday, September 21, 2006

Blessed.

Today, as I was standing in the shower letting the water run over me and staring at this unlevel area of the bathtub where mold and mildew are growing, I decided that running a household is very similar to running a small country. There are internal wars, there are votes held almost everyday, there are crisises, there are holidays and celebrations. And I, being the president, until Aaron and I are married, and I can step down to housekeepr/treasurer (HA!) have done a pretty good job. The kids are learning, growing, thriving, human beings. I have been succesful. For this moment anyway. For this rainy Thursday morning.
So far today:
  • I have done two loads of laundry
  • I have made lunches and one bed
  • I drank a cup of coffee
  • I have gotten the kids off to school with two shoes, underwear and smiles
  • I opened up the office with Carrie
  • I talked to Aaron as he was running late for school and succesfully calmed his nerves

Pretty eventful morning. Gray skies. Smiling people I love. I am thankful God has blessed us. We are not the richest, prettiest, smartest people. But we are so blessed. God is Great. God is good. I am ready for the rest of my day.

And tonight I am going to tackle the mold in the tub.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long was that shower?